October 19th in Premium Themes by Wordpress Jedi .
You’ve got to love what WordPress is all about. Not only is it a killer content management system but it also lets you create sophisticated websites fast. You can even try to clone what others have done in the past. Whether you are interested in cloning Facebook or just want to have the look and feel of Digg on your site, you can do it all with WordPress clone themes. Most of these themes are cheap or free, so you won’t have to spend too much money to get started with your project.
Here are 35 fun WordPress clone themes that let you duplicate the design of some of the most popular sites on the Internet:
1. OneNews: you can clone the legendary AllTop portal on WordPress with OneNews. Very easy to customize too. Just add your feeds, and you are ready to go.
2. Newspaper: Newspaper is a unique theme that lets you clone the Huffington Post’s design on your very own website. This is fully widgetized and fairly easy to customize.
3. Accumulo: Accumulo for WordPress is another AllTop clone template. It’s a RSS feed aggregator theme that lets you enter your favorite feeds and categorize them as you wish.
4. Nominate: if you want to clone Digg or a site such as Sphinn, Nominate is a solid WordPress theme to take advantage of. You won’t be needing Pligg to start your own social voting site thanks to this.
5. Answers: Answers theme essentially aims to bring you the same functionality as Yahoo! Answers and other Q/A sites. Pretty solid theme.
6. iBlogPro: iBlog Pro lets you duplicate the look and feel of Apple blog on your website. It has a ton of customization options too.
7. WhiteHouse Pro: so you want your site to have a similar look and feel to the White House’s website? Then WhiteHouse Pro is for you. It comes with an optional BBpress addon as well.
8. PopURLs Clone: clone the good old PopURLs aggregator on your WordPress blog with PopURLs Clone for WordPress.
9. Facebook WordPress Theme: FWT lets you clone Facebook’s blog on your WordPress site. [click to continue…]
September 21st in Wordpress Plugins by Wordpress Jedi .
Every webmaster needs and wants more traffic for his/her website. The more people visit your site, the more will get to see your great content, and the more chances you have of increasing the conversion rates. Sharing your content on social networking websites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn gives you the chance to bring more attention to your articles and even go viral.
Services such as Hootsuite make it easy for you to post all your content to top social networks. But if you don’t want to deal with a third-party application, WordSocial is your best friend. It sits on top of your WordPress site and allows you to submit your content to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It gives you the option to post your articles immediately or with a delay. [click to continue…]
May 23rd in Free Themes by Wordpress Jedi .
Facebook is one of the hottest properties on the Internet these days. Millions of people use it to communicate with their friends and colleagues and connect with others online. But what if you are not in love with Facebook but want to clone its design on your WordPress blog? That’s exactly what you can do with Crybook theme. It’s an amazingly identical clone of Facebook that lets you start your very own blog with the look and feel of Facebook. Furthermore, it’s so flexible you can go beyond what’s offered on Facebook to make your blog look unique to your visitors.
CryBaby also allows you to change the color and look and feel of the website fast. You can choose your favorite color by taking advantage of the color picker feature at the top right side of your theme. You get 5 colors to choose from. The logo can be easily changed as well. The theme also supports threaded comments and has an integrated feed counter to help you keep track of your subscribers easily.
The custom admin panel is easy to use as well, and you can also manage your AdSense and analytics codes easily on this theme. Overall, if you are looking for a free, SEO-friendly theme that looks awfully close to Facebook, you ought to give CryBaby a try. It’s the cheapest way to clone Facebook!